SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
These are actually amazingggggg. The perfect treat to make this Easter.
3/4 cup sweet potato puree
1 cup peanut or almond butter OR allergy-friendly substitute
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup spelt flour
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips + more for the top, optional
1/2 cup xylitol 1/3 cup cacao powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 180C (fan), then peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut them into chunks and boil for about twenty minutes, until they become really soft.
- Once they are perfectly soft and beginning to fall apart remove them and put the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato.
- Stir well.
- Place into a lined baking dish and cook for about 40-45 minutes, until you can pierce the brownie with a fork and bring it out dry.
- Remove the tray and allow it to cool for about ten minutes – this is really important as it needs this time to stick together!