PRAWN POKE BOWL
As promised, give this PRAWN POKE bowl a try. Include the rice post workout, or can be had without the rice if you don't train.
Super delicious and refreshing, and nice to try some fresh seafood instead of the normal chicken/steak.
1 cup sushi rice
1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
3 cups Red Cabbage, shredded
1 Lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Sesame oil
1 teaspoon Ginger, grated
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 small Red Chilli, finely diced
30 Cooked prawns, peeled
1 Continental Cucumber, shaved
1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
1. Cook rice as per packet instructions.
2. Add 1/2 of the red wine vinegar to the rice. Gently stir with a fork. Spread onto bowls and cool before adding remaining ingredients.
3. Place cabbage into a bowl. Add remaining vinegar and toss to combine. Stand for 20 minutes. Drain.
4. Combine lemon juice, soy, oils, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and chilli in a bowl. Add prawns and toss. Stand for 10 minutes to marinate.
5. Top the cooled rice with cabbage, cucumber, prawns and avocado. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.